Friday, July 26, 2013

RIIIIIING!!! Back to School, Everybody!!

Summer break's worst enemy is entering the ring: The beginning of a new school year. You know what that means: first day back. Yes boys and girls, we are going back to first day jitters. The excitement of meeting old friends, the hopes of making new ones, everybody trying to give good impressions with their brand-spankin'-new school clothes, and the worries of finding your classrooms on time. Yes, its all very exciting. Most people even look forward to it. But I don't. You see, I'm not one people would call "socially acceptable". I don't have fancy new clothes, I'm not popular, and I'm not the best with words. I can't even fit in by the simple means of having a phone! That's right, laugh it up. A teenager in high school? Is it even possible?! Well, I am here to tell you that it is. As a teen, I'm expected to (not so) secretly loathe my parents for making me go through the daily torture (also known as high school) without a phone. Nonetheless, I am not upset. Frustrated at times, yes, but not at them. Anyways, my point being that I'm usually the one that is in the back of class that nobody will remember or think of, unless it's to vaguely wonder if I am capable of even talking, or if I'm just a brain dead zombie, wasting my time wandering the halls that permanently smell of stale cologne, perfume, and dirty gym socks. So with the beginning of a new school year, I've decided to to have a "School Year's Resolution". What is it? you might ask. Well, I'll tell you. This year, I'm going to try to get out of my comfort zone a little bit more. Maybe try to talk to people, and if people try to talk to me, I will try to keep up a conversation with them instead of grunting and staring at my sneakers. Maybe I'll even join a club or something. That might be fun! Or maybe it'll be a total flop. Did I mention I was a worrier? Worrier or not, I'm going to try to be more outgoing and try to break out of my shell. Look out world, AJB coming through!

No comments:

Post a Comment